After my posting my review of Tropical Traditions Organic Brown Rice Syrup yesterday, I had over 10 email requests for the recipe.
You guys really like muffins don’t you?
This recipe has actually been in my repertoire for quite awhile.
I went through a muffin phase a few years ago and I was making a new recipe every week! A lot of them were complete failures, but this recipe is one of the few that prevailed.
These muffins are light and flaky, yet dense and filling at the same time. With a hint of sweetness, they make the perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Blueberry Coconut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (spelt works well too)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (maple syrup or agave will work)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup blueberries (frozen will work fine)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla, brown rice syrup, and egg.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Fold in shredded coconut and blueberries.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
I think blueberries and coconut go together like man and wife.
Are you a coconut fan? Yay or nay?