Ok, so you just made a delicious Southwestern Breakfast Quesadilla, but you need a side dish…
What do you do?
You make some cilantro and lemon roasted potatoes! DUH!
I LOVE roasted potatoes. My “go to” seasonings are rosemary, garlic, and olive oil, but I’m always trying to experiment with new flavor combinations.
With these potatoes, I was trying to stick with the Mexican theme of the quesadilla, but I still wanted something somewhat simple. If you haven’t noticed, I am all about simple cooking that utilizes fresh, wholesome ingredients.
After looking through my spice rack, I just pulled out a few spices that I thought would go well together and would stick with the Southwestern aspect of the recipe.
These were simply amazing.
GO MAKE THEM NOW.
Cilantro and Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- 1 LBS yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the cilantro and the lemon.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping the potatoes half way through cooking.
- Toss with cilantro and lemon before serving.
Who else absolutely drools over roasted potatoes?