I have discovered the ultimate bread for French Toast…
This morning, Heather and I decided we wanted French Toast for breakfast. I eat French Toast about once every five years, so this was a welcoming change.
I’m normally a pancake or waffle person, but I like to explore different breakfast options. Breaking out of my shell every once and a while is key!
What do you like the best? Pancakes, waffles, or French Toast?
Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 TBS milk or cream
- Toppings of choice (butter, nut butter, organic maple syrup, ect…)
1. In a shallow dish, combine the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk. Wisk well.
2. Dredge the bread, coating all sides evenly.
3. In a large skillet, pan fry the bread for 3 minutes per side, or until egg is cooked thoroughly. The bread should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
4. Top with desired toppings!
I recommend anything from butter and maple syrup to peanut butter and honey. The choices are endless!
For the lady
For the gentleman
(Peanut butter is essential).
Smile of approval!