You know you have a problem an addiction when your girlfriend sends you peanut butter in the mail.
Heather, you know the way to my heart (mostly). The other way is with cheese
While I was running this morning, the only thing I could think about was having pancakes for breakfast. With peanut butter of course.
Well, peanut butter is an every day staple (see above photo).
I’ll be perfectly honest here: I normally make my pancakes from a prepackaged mix.
Hey, I deserve to be lazy sometimes!
Today on the other hand, I decided to make my pancakes from scratch.
These turned out great!
They actually only took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, which actually isn’t that much longer than it normally takes me to make breakfast.
Healthy, delicious, and fast?
Easy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS honey or maple syrup
- 3 TBS oil or melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat a cast iron pan to medium low heat.
- In a large bowl, stir the honey (or maple syrup) and oil together. Once well mixed, add the milk and eggs. Beat well.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well, but don’t over-mix. The batter should be a little clumpy.
- Grease the pan with oil or butter.
- Cook to pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Top with desired toppings.
What’s your favorite breakfast?