I’m still chugging along on the Whole30 challenge!
I should technically be on day 21, but I’m counting today as day 20. Last weekend, I had a meal that was the complete opposite of what is allowed on the Whole30. It was delicious and I don’t have one ounce of guilt about it.
That my friends is peanut butter stuffed French toast. It was only one meal (I was good the rest of the day), but I’m extending the challenge by a day to make up for it. I don’t think I have it in me to start over and do another 30 days.
Prior to the Whole30, my diet was pretty damn healthy, so I’m not treating this challenge as a “cleanse” like a lot of people do. I enjoy challenges and I’m curious to see if a different style of eating works better for me. You guys will have a full recap in 10 days!
Lately, I’ve been eating between 4-6 eggs per day.
I’ve been buying local, farm fresh eggs at the local farmers market. They are DELICIOUS. I don’t think I can go back to conventional grocery store eggs, even the organic ones.
Tonight for dinner, I made a frittata that should last me a few meals. One of the perks of living by myself is that I always have leftovers!
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 4 ounces chopped bacon (I used US Wellness Meats)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 grated sweet potato
- 1 handful fresh herbs, chopped
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large pan, sauté the onions in oil (I used coconut) over medium heat until translucent. Add the bacon, asparagus, green pepper, grated sweet potato, and garlic. Cook until veggies are soft.
- Add the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish or cast iron pan and spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs.
- Pour over the veggie mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or so. The times may vary depending on your oven. Mine cooks fast!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!