You guys might not know a whole lot about me, but remember this:
I am a foodie and I love to cook.
Even on a busy weeknight, I still find the time to throw something together that isn’t a frozen meal or a bowl of cereal. To me, I find absolutely no joy in just “heating something up.” I take great pride in preparing my own meals and enjoying them the way food was meant to be enjoyed.
Do you cook on busy weeknights?
Last night, I made this dish in about 20 minutes (including prep time), but it was better than some of the meals that have taken me over an hour this week! As long as you know what you are doing, simple food does not have to be tasteless and boring
Simple. Fresh. Healthy. Flavorful.
Did I mention that is has avocado?
I think that says something on it’s own…
Grilled Halibut Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds wild halibut
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 8 tortillas
- Fresh salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the fish into 1-inch strips. In a bowl, add the salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic, the juice of one lime, and the Halibut. Toss well and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Lightly oil the grill. Place fish on grill gently and cook for 3 minutes on each side, turning carefully with tongs.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas and slice the avocado. If desired, serve with other condiments.