As many of you fitness enthusiasts probably already know, today is national running day!
It’s no secret that I love running, so you know that I had no problem celebrating this amazing day. I also like to encourage others to run, so it’s a good excuse for me to ramble on about how much I love running.
There are so many reasons that I run. I don’t think I can even list them all!
Each run is different and is very mood-dependent. If I’m angry, I might run fast. If I need to think, I might run slow.
- I run to de-stress
- I run to be alone
- I run to forget my problems, but I also run to remember the joyous moments
- I run to feel like myself
Although I haven’t been running as much as I normally do, it will always be part of me. I’ll always be “that guy who runs.”
No matter how hard life gets or how badly I want to give up, running is always something that will keep me motivated.
And yes, I did celebrate at 5:30 AM this morning.
And now is the time that I encourage others to get out there and RUN!
- Start by walking/running.
- Increase your mileage gradually.
- Get yourself a good pair of shoes.
- Keep at it. Running is hard, but you only get out of it by what you put into it.
- Have fun!
Did you run today?
Please say yes.