When you combine these ingredients…
You get the perfect sweet and savory side to dish to accompany pretty much any meal.
The truth is, I pretty much live on side dishes. Whenever I prepare a meal, I would rather have smaller portions of 4-5 different things rather than larger portions of 2-3 things.
I don’t get bored with food, but I get bored with the SAME FOOD. I’m a foodie, so I can’t just eat the same thing all the time
When I saw that organic sweet potatoes were on sale for 99 cents a pound at Publix the other day, I loaded up my cart with about 10 of them. Yep, I cleaned them out!
My skin might turn orange this week, but I think it’s impossible for me to get tired of sweet potatoes.
They are natures candy…
Honey and Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced into rounds or cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Lay the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan lined with foil.
- Drizzle the olive oil, honey, cinnamon, salt, and pepper over the potatoes. Mix thoroughly.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, flipping half way through.
What is your favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes?