Want to know something crazy?
Sunday was my first time having egg salad! I eat eggs almost every day of the week, but I’ve still never had it!
If there’s one food that I absolutely cannot stand, it’s mayonnaise. Ever since I was a little kid, the sight, smell, and taste of mayo has given me the chills. When I was younger, my one of my favorite fast food meals was Subway. I know, I’m weird
The lady who worked there knew EXACTLY what I wanted every time I came in. A foot long on white bread with turkey, bacon, double cheese, lettuce, and tomato. NO MAYO. When she saw me, she automatically started making it. Yeah, I was there a lot…
However, I suddenly had the most random craving for egg salad on Sunday. After thinking about it for a little while, I had the crazy idea of mixing hummus with hardboiled eggs instead of with mayonnaise.
Hummus is used as a sandwich spread, so why not?
The results were delicious!
The hummus added a nice creaminess, but it also added a lot of flavor. If you’re a mayo hater like me, this is a must try!
Hummus Egg Salad with Dill
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 TBS fresh dill, minced
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 TBS store-bought or homemade garlic hummus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop whole eggs and place into a large bowl. If you are just using the whites (which I do not recommend), then carefully cut around the yolks and discard. Trust me, use the yolks. They are delicious and loaded with nutrients.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
This might be the best sandwich I have ever made…