Lunch today was awesome.
The flavors of the Mediterranean have to be one of my all time favorite combinations.
Fresh herbs, olive oil, garlic, and lemon…
Honestly, I can’t tell you the last time that I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying shrimp. Actually, I take that back…
I had some on Friday night at Fitbloggin’!
Do you like shrimp? What’s your favorite way to prepare it?
Lemon and Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound of wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice from one lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon, minced
- 1/4 fresh oregano, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 TBS olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the shrimp.
- Toss shrimp in the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer the shrimp (this makes it easier) and grill for 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through.
After staying up too late last night, I slept in until about 7 AM for a nice, easy run.
I was actually up researching Washington D.C. I’m going there next week for a job interview (which I have a REALLY good feeling about) and I want to know a little more about where I’ll be living before I commit to anything.
Pray for me please!
Yep, just another “run of the mill” (pun intended) run. That makes no sense, but I’m going with it.
How’s everyone doing today?