I have decided that it is only acceptable for me to post at least one burger recipe a week…
I knew that I wanted to create this recipe the second I made my cilantro and pumpkin seed pesto!
It was like fate!
I’m not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I purchase a new cheese (or five) every time I go Whole Foods.
Since my goal is to try every cheese in the store at least once, I picked up this grass fed gouda cheese to try. I’ve had goat gouda (which is freaking awesome), but this was my first time trying cows milk gouda.
Cheese is awesome no matter how you eat it, but my new favorite way is stuffed in a burger
Pesto and Gouda Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- 1 LBS lean ground turkey (mix of white and dark meat)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces of gouda cheese
- 3 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pesto and season with salt and pepper. Form into six equal patties and layer gouda cheese on three of the patties.
- Place a non-cheese patty on a gouda cheese patty and pinch the edges to seal the cheese inside. Pinch it really well!
- Grill for 6-7 minutes per side, or until no longer pink.
- Serve on toasted buns.
- Slice it in half while it’s on a bun so you can delight in the visual before you bite into it.
I can feel my pants getting smaller…