Oh. My. God.
This. Was. So. Good.
Check out those killer grill marks
The inspiration for this dish came from my new breakfast obsession:
A baked sweet potato topped with peanut butter, coconut butter, cinnamon, and banana slices. If I’m feeling crazy, I’ll top it with some Greek yogurt, chocolate chips, and/or shredded coconut.
It is so freaking good.
And with that, a new sweet potato dish was born…
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 TBS coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine the coconut oil and sweet potatoes in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat a large grill pan coated with coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt to taste.
Coconut-Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 TBSP organic tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 1 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp organic brown sugar (or honey)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, add the tamari, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, crushed red pepper, paprika, coconut milk, honey, and salt.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir until the ingredients are well mixed and the mixture starts to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
If it was socially acceptable, I would drink that dipping sauce like it was a hot summer day.
Wait, since when do I care what people think?
Someone hand me a straw…
You know what to do next!
Head on over to Jason’s post to see what he cooked up this week. Then, head back over here and vote for your favorite!