On Wednesday, Jess asked me a question that deserves it’s own post!
I’m sure most of you know this by now, but I LOVE roasted vegetables.
Roasting creates a pleasant, slightly sweet flavor that can’t be recreated by any other cooking method. This simple cooking method actually helps preserve nutrients and can really enhance the flavors of many vegetables.
Here is my method:
The Best Roasted Vegetables
1. Choose your vegetables (almost any hard, solid vegetable can be roasted). My favorites are squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts, asparagus, carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
2. Wash the vegetables with cold water. If you have a vegetable brush, use it to remove any dirt.
3. Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces.
4. Preheat the oven to 400*.
5. Spread the vegetables on a baking tray lined with foil.
6. Spray or drizzle with olive oil.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
8. Once the oven is preheated, slide the vegetables onto the middle rack.
9. Roast for approximately 10 minutes and stir the vegetables. After another 10 minutes have passed, stir the vegetables again. Roast for another 10 minutes.
Yay or nay?